In Google Analytics 4 property you cannot find Google Analytics Tracking ID. This is not a problem in your property but this is because of Google’s policy. Google don’t have a tracking ID for a GA4 property. Instead google have a Measurement ID for your GA4 property. It is a bit hard to connect your blog, website or app to analytics property with Measurement ID. However here I will show what to do in this case and what is the better alternative. Hope you are with me.
Where is My Google Analytics Tracking ID?
If you are using a Google Analytics 4 property then you don’t have a property tracking id. Google Analytics 4 have more feature than Universal Analytics. So, this need more information to connect a blog or website. So, it connects a data stream to a blog, website or app. To connect a data stream to a property you need to manage a google tag. Which tells the website that to which account, which property and which data stream the traffic data should be send. GA4 data stream a a Measurement ID to measure traffic.
If you are using a Universal Analytics property then you have a unique Google Analytics Tracking ID. With which you can connect your website or app. Somewhere you need to add the google tag also. But in most case you can connect your website just with the tracking ID. At least for google products such as blogger. To find your Google Analytics Tracking ID you need to follow the instructions:
- Go to Google Analytics.
- Click on Admin from below of left menu.
- Select an Account. If don’t have any account create a new account. Remember each account can serve 100 different types of property. So, you should not create to many account.
- Select a Property. Properties are listed in property column just right of account column.
- Click on Tracking Info. Possibly it will be 4th option in property column.
- A submenu will be expanded. There you will see an option ‘Tracking Code’ at first of the submenu. Click on Tracking Code. A right popup will be expanded. There you will see your Google Analytics Tracking ID at left top corner.
How to Get Google Analytics 4 Tracking ID?
You cannot have a google analytics tracking id for GA4 property. You can either connect your property with google tag. Or you can create a Universal Analytics Property which is connected to your GA4 property. However this is not required. If you cannot manage GA4 property only for your site then it is quite impossible to manage two property. It is not required also. However google now made to create GA4 property default. If you want a tracking id anyhow follow the below process to create a Universal Analytics Property.
How to Create Universal Analytics Property?
A Universal Analytics is required very much. Although GA4 is the default property type in google it is somehow critical. Which is not too easy to understand not also to connect. So, you need to create a universal analytics property. Creating a universal property is very easy. But not being default it is hard to find the options. If you are not experienced you will create hundreds of property but you will not be able to create a universal property. Below are the steps to create a universal property.
- Go to Google Analytics Admin.
- Create a Google Analytics Account. Or If you have a account select your account from account column.
- From property column click on Create Property button.
- Add Property Name.
- Click on See Advanced Options.
- Toggle Create a Universal Analytics property option.
- Click Create a Universal Property Only.
- Fill up the rest and Create Property.
- Find your Google Analytics Tracking ID as described above.
Now you can connect your website, blog, apps or iOS product with your Google Analytics Tracking ID very easily. If you are happy reading this blog please comment to appreciate me.
See Also: How to Embed Mailchimp Form to Your Blog.